The Show Barn, or Dairy Barn, was apparently built by then-owner Ellsworth Turney in 1906, before J. G. Maasdam bought the farm.
Maasdam used it for general purposes, and to show horses to perspective buyers. The barn is of post-and-beam construction, possibly using pieces from a previous barn. Old photos show a wooden extension to the west side of the barn, which was replaced at some point with a modern pole-type metal building.
Repairs were needed to keep the structure from deteriorating further, especially the roof. An early cupola, which was removed some years ago, was reproduced in Jan 2011. Restoration was completed by Oct 2011.