Jefferson County, Iowa
Jefferson County Correctional Facility
The Jefferson County Correctional Facility is a 32-bed facility that houses all individuals criminally charged in Jefferson County. The Correctional Facility houses inmates criminally charged, awaiting trial and serving time for state, county, and municipal offenses.
The Correctional Facility is inspected annually by the Iowa State Jail Inspector and has received an impressive score of 100% for the last 10-plus years. Correctional Officers are responsible for all day-to-day functions of the facility including but not limited to; ensuring the safety and security for staff and inmates, bookings, transports, fingerprinting, inmate visitation, civilian fingerprinting, medical and mental health appointments, record keeping, and overall maintenance and cleanliness of the facility.
information included in the annual report
Jail Housing Costs
- $35.00 per each sentenced day.
- $10.00 per each day of work (Work release only)
- $10.00 Convenience fee per 24/hr. period.
- (Above 3 fees will be combined if all 3 exists)
- $65.00 for out of county Inmates.
Jail Inmate Visiting
Mon – Fri : 6pm – 8pm
- Visitation is held at the Jefferson County Law Center‘s Jail Lobby. The Jail Lobby and parking is located on the EAST side of the Law Center building.
- Visitors must show a valid form of ID before being allowed to visit any inmate.
- Visitors must be 18 years of age or be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Visitors who have been incarcerated in the Jefferson County Correctional Facility within the past 90 days from said day of visit will not be permitted to visit (Exceptions for immediate family only).
- Visitors are required to be previously placed on the Inmate’s Visitation List. In order to ensure you are on the visitation list you will need to make contact with that specific inmate telephonically or by written letter prior to visitation time.
- Inmates receive 30 minutes of visitation per week. Multiple visitors will need to coordinate visit times accordingly.
For those wishing to put monies into an Inmate’s account may do so by using the Jail Money Kiosk located in the Jefferson County Jail Lobby. The Jail Money Kiosk is available for use 24/7.
Inmate Phone Calls
Inmates are able to make phones calls the following ways:
- Collect Calls
- Phone cards
- iPods – Inmates are given an iPod while incarcerated once they have seen a Judge subsequent to arrest (usually within 24 hours). iPods can be used for texting, video and phone calls.
To place funds on an Inmates iPod or for questions regarding texting/calling click on the link provided for more information.
Reliance Telephone www.reliancetelephone.com
(Victim Information and Notification Everyday):
- The National Victim Notification Network. This service allows crime victims to obtain timely and reliable information about criminal cases and the custody status of offenders 24 hours a day.
- Victims and other concerned citizens can also register to be notified by phone, email or TTY device when an offender’s custody status changes.
- Users can also register through their participating state or county toll-free number.
The Jefferson County Correctional Facility provides Civilian fingerprinting services for new employment and background checks.
Civilian Fingerprints are done by APPOINTMENT ONLY.
Civilians must provide their own unsigned cards.
To schedule an appointment call 641-472-3967
8a.m. – 4p.m. Monday – Wednesday – Friday
Fingerprint cards – $10 fee per card
Must present a Valid ID with Social Security Card
Reason for needing fingerprints
We DO NOT take prints for INS